The learning objective of this course is to provide the participants with an understanding of the 6 basic building systems.
Participants will be introduced to:
- The 6 basic categories of systems used in building structures
- Various components within each system
- Why various components are used to create the system
- The basic outline of the building process
- Common materials/techniques used in vertical construction
- Building envelope and weatherization components
- Load bearing floor and wall systems
- Key terms in building systems
Today's business professionals are spread very thin. Instead of focusing on one area of expertise, management now requires that you wear multiple hats. As a result, new areas of understanding are required to manage a company. Experienced professionals can expand their understanding of the building process by enhancing or clarifying what they know and creating a depth of knowledge that allows them to make better business decisions.
This class describes the details of building systems that are the staple of the industry. Starting from the ground up, we analyze the basic components, materials, and techniques that comprise the buildings we see every day.
This course is available for 45 days from the date of purchase.
- Introduction - About the Course & Instructor
- Lesson 1 - Sitework
- Lesson 2 - Foundations & Slabs
- Lesson 3 - Exterior Closure
- Lesson 4 - Building Structure
- Lesson 5 - Mechanical Systems
- Lesson 6 - Electrical Systems
- Conclusion - Review