Enroll in this course to gain an understanding of the fundamentals of the construction process. Successful completion of this course will provide you with a strong understanding of the key phases of a capital improvement project.
You will be introduced to:
- The basics of the design, from concept to bid documents
- The bid process and the award phase
- Contracts and the various types of contract delivery
- Contract modification and a detailed look at the dreaded change order process
- Various types of construction schedules, with a focus on the critical path method
- The submittal process and its purpose
- Requests for information (RFIs) and the purpose they serve
- Detailed information and guidance through the project closeout procedures
This course is delivered across seven separate lessons that can be viewed or listened to in 20-30 minute increments, thereby reducing the demand for an extensive commitment of time.
This course is available for 45 days from the date of purchase.
Introduction - About the Course and Instructor
Lesson 1 - The Design Process
Lesson 2 - The Bid Process
Lesson 3 - Contracts and General Conditions
Lesson 4 - Contract Modifications
Lesson 5 - Schedules and Performance Measurement
Lesson 6 - Submittals and RFIs
Lesson 7 - Project Closeout
Conclusion - Review
Who Should Attend
Construction professionals who are looking for more than an overview of the construction process while also reviewing the basics of the contract-awarding procedure.
Continuing Education Credit Eligibility
Approved for Continuing Education Units the Advancement of Cost Engineering (AACE) International Certification Board Continuing Education Units:
7 hours, .7 CEU’s
RSMeans data Training Cancellation Policy