The Construction Process Self-Paced Training Course
This self-paced online training course focuses on the contract side of a commercial construction project and explains the various steps involved, from project initiation to project closeout and turnover.
This course will lead you through an in-depth examination of project design, the typical bidding process leading to award, the most common contract delivery methods, how projects are administered, how to manage change orders, scheduling and how performance is measured, all while detailing common pitfalls in the process and ways in which to avoid them.
Enroll in this course to gain an understanding of the fundamentals of the construction process. Successful completion of this course will provide you with a strong understanding of the key phases of a capital improvement project.
You will be introduced to:
- The basics of the design, from concept to bid documents
- The bid process and the award phase
- Contracts and the various types of contract delivery
- Contract modification and a detailed look at the dreaded change order process
- Various types of construction schedules, with a focus on the critical path method
- The submittal process and its purpose
- Requests for information (RFIs) and the purpose they serve
- Detailed information and guidance through the project closeout procedures
This course is delivered across seven separate lessons that can be viewed or listened to in 20-30 minute increments, thereby reducing the demand for an extensive commitment of time.
This course is available for 45 days from the date of purchase.
Introduction - About the Course and Instructor
Lesson 1 - The Design Process
Lesson 2 - The Bid Process
Lesson 3 - Contracts and General Conditions
Lesson 4 - Contract Modifications
Lesson 5 - Schedules and Performance Measurement
Lesson 6 - Submittals and RFIs
Lesson 7 - Project Closeout
Conclusion - Review
Who Should Attend
Construction professionals who are looking for more than an overview of the construction process while also reviewing the basics of the contract-awarding procedure.
Continuing Education Credit Eligibility
Approved for Continuing Education Units the Advancement of Cost Engineering (AACE) International Certification Board Continuing Education Units:
7 hours, .7 CEU’s