CostWorks CD Self-Paced Training Course
Designed for users at any level with its hands-on approach and focus on solving real-life estimating problems, this program has something to offer both new users and experienced RSMeans CostWorks CD estimators. If you're new to RSMeans CostWorks CDs, you'll come away with the skills you need to start using them for faster, better project estimating. Seasoned RSMeans CostWorks CD users will hone their skills, master techniques that can save time and boost accuracy, get up-to-speed with advanced functionalities, find answers to real-life questions and more.
***This course requires users to follow along using a purchased copy of RSMeans Costworks CD***
This course will cover:
- The advantages of estimating with RSMeans cost data, the industry standard source of construction costs
- RSMeans CostWorks CD basics and how to use it in a typical work session
- Using the RSMeans CostWorks CD settings screen to easily establish key settings including wage rate, MasterFormat, location factor and more
- File management: What to put where and how to find it when you need it
- How the data is arranged, how you can access it and RSMeans CostWorks CD features that simplify and speed data access, such as title, menu and icon bars
- How to make best use of the CostList to queue selected line items
This course is delivered across 15 short video clips with accompanying quizzes that can be attempted in separate increments, thereby reducing the demand for an extensive commitment of time.
This course is available for 45 days from the date of purchase.
Introduction – About the Course and Instructor
Lesson 1 – Setting Screen Documentation
Lesson 2 – Unit Cost Basics Documentation
Lesson 3 – The CostList Documentation
Lesson 4 – Advanced Unit Costs Documentation
Lesson 5 – Assembly Costs Documentation
Lesson 6 – FM&R Documentation
Lesson 7 – Square Foot Model Documentation
Lesson 8 – CostWorks Estimator Essentials Documentation
Lesson 9 – CostWorks Estimator Report Customization Documentation
Who Should Attend
Both new and experienced users of RSMeans CostWorks CDs. Attendees must have their own copy of a CostWorks CD in order to follow along with the course content.
Continuing Education Credit Eligibility
Approved for Continuing Education Units the Advancement of Cost Engineering (AACE) International Certification Board Continuing Education Units:
2hours, .2 CEU’s