The learning objective of this course is to provide the learners with an understanding of the fundamentals of the construction process. It is geared to the professional who is looking for more than an overview of the process with an introduction to the basics of the contract side.
Participants will be introduced to:
- The basics of the design and bid processes
- All about contracts and contract modifications with a deep dive into change orders
- Different types of schedules with a focus on the critical path method
- Varying types of submittals and requests for information (RFI’s)
- Detailed information and guidance through the project closeout procedures
- Key terms in the construction process
Today's business professionals are spread very thin. Instead of focusing on one area of expertise, management now requires that you wear multiple hats. As a result, new areas of understanding are required to manage a company. Experienced professionals can expand their understanding of the building process by enhancing or clarifying what they know and creating a depth of knowledge that allows them to make better business decisions.
This class focuses on the “contract” side of a commercial construction project and explains the various steps involved in: design, bidding, contracts, administration, changes, schedules, and measure performance.
This course is available for 45 days from the date of purchase.
- Introduction - About the Course & Instructor
- Lesson 1 - The Design Process
- Lesson 2 - The Bid Process
- Lesson 3 - Contracts & General Conditions
- Lesson 4 - Contract Modifications
- Lesson 5 - Schedules and Performance Measurement
- Lesson 6 - Submittals & RFI’s
- Lesson 7 - Project Closeout
- Conclusion - Review