3/30/2023 - RSMeans Online Training
Combining an in-depth look at RSMeans Data Online functions and features with hands-on skill-building, this training class will show you how – with just a few clicks – you can access current RSMeans data, automatically adjust for your project locale, search the database, create estimates, customize with your own data, generate reports and export to spreadsheet applications. The hands-on approach is designed to build confidence and fluency with our state-of-the-art estimating software as a new method for using tried and true RSMeans cost data.
- If you are new to RSMeans Data Online, you will come away with the skills you need to start using it for faster, more efficient project estimating.
- Seasoned RSMeans Data Online users will refine their skills, master techniques that can save time and boost accuracy by avoiding calculation errors and tedious math.
- Get up to speed with advanced functionalities, such as creating custom/tailored pricing and flexible estimating reports.
What Will Be Covered
- Understand the basics of RSMeans data: unit costs, assembly costs and square foot models
- Get started, set up and manage your account, including your user profile and password
- Utilize the Search Cost Data reference tool to view the data you’ve purchased
- Learn best practices for how to search the cost data within the various RSMeans cost datasets
- Choose from different cost data preferences to fully tailor your estimate as needed
- Access and make the most of the number of reference materials and online tools made available to you within the program (e.g. How-to-Use RSMeans City Cost Index, RSMeans Construction Dictionary, RSMeans Crews, etc.)
- Become proficient with customization tools to integrate your cost data, create custom cost lines, modify labor and equipment rates and set custom mark-ups
- Learn how to generate basic and advanced reports, plus how to export your estimates to MS Excel
- Preview of the powerful Life Cycle Cost Estimator tool
Materials Included (Received on-site on the first day of training)
- RSMeans Online Workbook
- Short term access to RSMeans Data Online via training account
Who Should Attend
All new and experienced users of RSMeans Data Online
Continuing Education Credit Eligibility
Approved for Continuing Education Units by the Association for the Advancement of Cost Engineering (AACE) International Certification Board Continuing Education Units:
AACE: 13 hours, 1.3 CEU’s
Lodging & Travel
Registration for this seminar does not include travel or accommodations. Lunch and refreshments will be provided each day.
Breakfast, dinner, lodging, airfare and transportation to and from the venue are the responsibility of the student. Attendees will receive a discounted room rate of $164/night if they make a reservation with the host hotel (Homewood Suites Dallas Downtown) by February 27th, 2023. Mention RSMeans data Training at time of reservation.