This new one-day program focuses directly on site work costs, a unique portion of most construction projects that often is the wild card in determining whether you have developed a good estimate or not. Accurately scoping, quantifying, and pricing site preparation, underground utility work, and improvements to exterior site elements are often the most difficult estimating tasks on any project. The program takes the participant from preparing a never-developed site through underground utility installation, pad preparation, paving and sidewalks, and landscaping. Attendees will use the full array of site work cost data through the RSMeans online program and participate in exercises to strengthen their estimating skills.
How You Will Benefit
What You Will Cover
- Learn how to identify site work problems and provide potential solutions and their costs.
- Understand site specific conditions which can affect productivity and project cost.
- Review estimating considerations such as site work crew-hours and equipment, as well as their daily rental and operating costs.
- Learn the basic functionality of RSMeans Data Online and how to use the correct data to create your own site work estimates.
- Evaluation of site work and understanding site scope of work.
- Site work estimating topics including: site clearing, grading, excavation, disposal and trucking of materials, erosion control devices, backfill and compaction, underground utilities, paving, sidewalks, fences & gates, and seeding & planting.
- Unit price site work estimates—Correct use of RSMeans site work cost data to develop a cost estimate.
- Using and modifying assemblies—Save valuable time when estimating site work activities using custom assemblies.
Who Should Attend
Engineers, contractors, estimators, project managers, owner’s representatives, and others who are concerned with the proper preparation and/or evaluation of site work estimates.
- Heavy Construction Costs and Site Work & Landscape Costs with RSMeans Data via RSMeans Data Online.
- Site Work Estimating with RSMeans Data Seminar Workbook.
Attendees must bring a laptop computer. They will be provided RSMeans Data Online for use during the seminar.