Square foot and assemblies cost estimating can be used to get the estimate done faster. Square foot estimates take advantage of the systems—or assemblies—format, using the basic idea that the many trades and small items involved in each portion of a building can be grouped together. Attendees will spend two days learning how to quickly deliver accurate square foot estimates using limited budget and design information.
How You Will Benefit
What You Will Cover
- Learn how to create reliable, preliminary systems estimates
- Workshop sessions provide model square foot estimating problems
- Participate in skill-building exercises
- Use the RSMeans “building assemblies/square foot cost approach”
Who Should Attend
- Square foot estimating methods
- How to use Square Foot Costs with RSMeans Data and Assemblies Costs with RSMeans Data
- Systems estimating overview—definitions, descriptions
- Systems takeoff requirements
- Necessary building design, use, and code requirements
- Information requirements from the owner
- How to make construction cost comparisons
- How to prepare square foot estimates using sample problems and exercises
Facilities managers, facilities engineers, estimators, corporate and institutional planners, developers, and construction finance professionals, as well as anyone who needs to make quick, accurate construction cost estimates at commercial, government, educational, and medical facilities.
Continuing Education Units
- Assemblies Costs with RSMeans Data
- Square Foot Costs with RSMeans Data
- Square Foot & Assemblies Estimating with RSMeans Data Seminar Workbook
Approved for Continuing Education Units (14 hours, 1.4 re-certification credits) by both the American Institute of Architects Continuing Education Systems (AIA/CES) and the Association for the Advancement of Cost Engineering (AACE) International Certification Board.