This course focuses on life cycle costs, particularly the costs to repair, replace and perform preventative and general maintenance on buildings in your portfolio. There are more than 10,000 maintenance, repair, and preventive maintenance tasks for all types of facilities. Using data developed in cooperation with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, this two-day training program teaches how to plan, budget, and estimate the cost of corrective repairs, preventive maintenance, and ongoing maintenance for effective plant operations.
Here’s just a sample of what you’ll learn
This course qualifies for AIA and AACE continuing education credits!
- Gain knowledge in the most financially favorable maintenance, repair, and replacement estimating for every building system.
- Learn the proven methods for auditing facilities, preventive planning, and facilities upgrading.
- Learn to develop preventive planning that helps avoid costly breakdown and remediation.
- Learn to develop both in-house and contract-out service costs.
- Learn how to assemble all this data into a defensible annual, asset-protecting M&R plan.
- Review case studies and perform exercises to gain skill-building opportunities.
- How to use Facilities Maintenance & Repair Costs with RSMeans Data and Commercial Renovation Costs with RSMeans Data to prepare budgets and estimates
- How to prepare site, roof, structural, mechanical, and electrical M&R estimates
- How to prepare preventive maintenance budgets and plans for your buildings and grounds
- How to specify and cost out general maintenance programs, from floor cleaning to window washing to landscape maintenance
Gordian reserves all rights to refuse or deny any individual's attendance at, or participation in, its seminars for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation as a result of the individual's affiliation or suspected affiliation with any competitor of Gordian. If Gordian determines that an individual should not attend or participate in a seminar after such individual has paid to attend or participate in the seminar, the individual's payment will be refunded."