- SAN DIEGO, CA
- Dec 12 2018
- 2 Days
- Doubletree Hotel
1646 Front St San Diego, CA 92101
- Room Reservation:
Life Cycle Cost Estimating will take the attendee through choosing the correct RSMeans database to use and then correctly applying RSMeans data to their specific life cycle application. Conceptual estimating through RSMeans new building models, conceptual estimating of major existing building projects through RSMeans renovation models, pricing specific renovation elements, estimating repair, replacement and preventive maintenance costs today and forward up to 30 years will be covered.
How You Will Benefit
• Receive the skills to use RSMeans Data Online as a tool to help budget new & renovation projects as well as maintenance & repair costs associated with the operation of the facility asset.
• Receive current information on the best estimating practices/processes.
• Receive comprehensive training on using appropriate RSMeans cost data.
• Learn to use models and assemblies/systems estimating at early, conceptual, and design/development phases of design and asset planning.
What You Will Cover
• Capital Life Cycle (big picture): Planning, Design, Procurement, Construction, Operations
• Cost Implications of Managing Assets
• How to Use RSMeans Data Online
• Planning Projects, Initial & Life Cycle Costs
• Design Process Cost Decisions
• Procurement - Private sector vs. Public sector
• Construction - Time and Cost Management with RSMeans Data
• Operations - Long-Term Maintenance and Preventive Maintenance Cost Planning
Who Should Attend
Facilities owners and managers, owner’s representatives that make cost related decisions about facility buildings and supporting structure assets, facilities and project managers, members of design teams, planners and estimators that are in the day to day operations of the facilities and related assets as well as any decision makers above that level that need to make annual budgetary design models. Anyone involved in the financial side of the decision making process in the planning, design, procurement, and operation of facility real assets.
• In class access to RSMeans Data Online
• Life Cycle Cost Estimating for Facility Asset Managers Seminar Workbook
Continuing Education Units
Approved for Continuing Education Units (14 hours, 1.4 re-certification credits) by both the American Institute of Architects Continuing Education System (AIA/CES) and the Association for the Advancement of Cost Engineering (AACE) International Certification Board.