Combining hands-on skill-building with a discussion of best estimating practices and real-life problems, this informative two day mini-course will boost your estimating skills, bring you up-to-date with key concepts, and provide tips, pointers and guidelines that can save facility managers, architects, engineers, contractors, facility trades-people, planners, and project managers time and avoid costly estimating oversights and errors. This course focuses on unit price estimating for facilities renovation, repair and remodeling. It’s particularly suited to facilities professionals and anyone involved in facilities planning, design, and construction.
Utilizing the RSMeans Facilities Construction Cost Data with over 1500 pages and 45,000 unit cost lines, this all-inclusive cost annual puts everything you need -- all in one place -- to estimate any facility construction project in the year ahead: renovation, new construction, projects of any size or scope, or anywhere nationwide.
Here's just a sample of what you'll learn
- The estimating process starting with the site visit and completing with the budget presentation
- Cost data keys to success: You'll learn how using RSMeans Facilities Construction Cost Data can save you time and boost accuracy, how to get maximum value from this incomparable cost resource, how to customize and adapt RSMeans’ costs. And estimating project assemblies
- Establishing the scope of work to ensure your estimate accounts for all knowns and variables
- How to estimate labor costs, repair & remodeling variables like on-going operation, limited access, minimum labor and equipment charges, and more
- Common estimating errors and how to avoid them using creative solutions to estimating problems
- Change orders: How to minimize them, how to estimate them, how to negotiate the revised cost
This course qualifies for AIA and AACE continuing education credits!