Taught by the estimating and engineering experts of RSMeans, Construction Cost Estimating: Concepts and Practice is designed to improve the estimating skills and effectiveness of the professional and help those who work with them to better understand the responsibilities. It's particularly suited to Project Managers, Architects, Engineers, Owner's Representatives, Contractors and anyone who's responsible for budgeting or estimating construction projects in today's complex business environment. This is an excellent primer for taking any of the RSMeans estimating courses such as: Facilities Estimating, Unit Price Estimating, Square Foot Estimating or Assemblies Estimating in paper or electronic format.
What you'll learn:
The Gordian Group Inc. reserves all rights to refuse or deny any individual's attendance at, or participation in, its seminars for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation as a result of the individual's affiliation or suspected affiliation with any competitor of The Gordian Group. If The Gordian Group determines that an individual should not attend or participate in a seminar after such individual has paid to attend or participate in the seminar, the individual's payment will be refunded.
- Bid documents: Learn how to use the plans and specifications to create the estimate. Learn what information can be expected from each document and how it is applied.
- The Takeoff Process: Learn how to derive all of the tasks in the correct quantities which is essential for a professional estimate.
- Pricing: Developing pricing, using various pricing sources, and how to understand how subcontractor pricing fits in.
- Recapping or summarizing the estimate: Tallying up all of the pricing to arrive at the final number.
- Rules for estimating: Review formulas for area and cubic measure, adding waste and adjusting productivity to specific projects.
- Subcontractors: Evaluating subcontractors' proposal and prices.
- Insurance and bonds: Adding insurances on the work, the employees, and bonding.
- Labor costs: Understanding how labor costs are calculated, regular and premium wages.
- Bids and proposals: The estimate is the in-house portion of the work for drafting a proposal or submitting a bid.