- LAS VEGAS, NV
- Mar 14 2018
- 2 Days
- Harrah's Las Vegas Hotel
3475 Las Vegas Blvd S
- Room Reservation:
Life Cycle Cost Estimating will take the attendee through choosing the correct RSMeans database to use and then correctly applying RSMeans data to their specific life cycle application. Conceptual estimating through RSMeans new building models, conceptual estimating of major existing building projects through RSMeans renovation models, pricing specific renovation elements, estimating repair, replacement and preventive maintenance costs today and forward up to 30 years will be covered.
How You Will Benefit
• Receive the skills to use RSMeans Data Online as a tool to help budget new & renovation projects as well as maintenance & repair costs associated with the operation of the facility asset.
• Receive current information on the best estimating practices/processes.
• Receive comprehensive training on using appropriate RSMeans cost data.
• Learn to use models and assemblies/systems estimating at early, conceptual, and design/development phases of design and asset planning.
What You Will Cover
• Capital Life Cycle (big picture): Planning, Design, Procurement, Construction, Operations
• Cost Implications of Managing Assets
• How to Use RSMeans Data Online
• Planning Projects, Initial & Life Cycle Costs
• Design Process Cost Decisions
• Procurement - Private sector vs. Public sector
• Construction - Time and Cost Management with RSMeans Data
• Operations - Long-Term Maintenance and Preventive Maintenance Cost Planning
Who Should Attend
Facilities owners and managers, owner’s representatives that make cost related decisions about facility buildings and supporting structure assets, facilities and project managers, members of design teams, planners and estimators that are in the day to day operations of the facilities and related assets as well as any decision makers above that level that need to make annual budgetary design models. Anyone involved in the financial side of the decision making process in the planning, design, procurement, and operation of facility real assets.
• In class access to RSMeans Data Online
• Life Cycle Cost Estimating for Facility Asset Managers Seminar Workbook
Continuing Education Units
Approved for Continuing Education Units (14 hours, 1.4 re-certification credits) by both the American Institute of Architects Continuing Education System (AIA/CES) and the Association for the Advancement of Cost Engineering (AACE) International Certification Board.
Other seminars in LAS VEGAS, NV
This course focuses on life cycle costs, particularly the costs to repair, replace and perform preventative and general maintenance on buildings in your portfolio. There are more than 10,000 maintenance, repair, and preventive maintenance tasks for all types of facilities. Using data developed in...
Combining hands-on skill-building with a discussion of best estimating practices and real-life problems, this informative two day mini-course will boost your estimating skills, bring you up-to-date with key concepts, and provide tips, pointers and guidelines that can save facility managers, archi...
This seminar will be valuable to anyone who is faced with the task of assessing the scope of work for estimating purposes on renovation- and maintenance-type projects at all stages of the design process. This practical two-day training class addresses the vital importance of understanding the sco...