Everyone is talking about “green” living – and there are a lot of good reasons to go green. Fuel costs are skyrocketing, water shortages are spreading, natural resources are being depleted and illness is increasingly linked to building materials.
Here are 65 repair and remodeling projects that will make a difference in living expenses, health, and comfort – and help the environment. Expert advice helps you zero in on the most do-able, highest payback green projects for your home or your clients'.
This book, written by a leading authority and consultant, makes it easy to choose the improvements that will mean the most to homeowners. Whether you are working with clients or you're planning your own repair and remodeling prjects, you’ll see – at a glance – what each project involves, how much it costs and what the benefits are.
- Projects include efficient:
- Flooring, paint, cabinetry, and countertops
- Windows and doors
- Insulation and weather-stripping
- Roofing and siding
- High-efficiency heating and cooling systems
- Lighting, appliances and plumbing fixtures – including Energy Star and WaterSense models
- Solar electric and water heating systems
Plus get expertise on radon testing, the plusses and minuses of wood and pellet stoves and fireplace inserts, and green choices for patios, decks, walkways, driveways, pools, landscaping and much more.