The new, updated fourth edition of RSMeans' popular construction dictionary features over 20,000 terms, phrases and abbreviations, as well as over 1,400 illustrations.
Your reliable source for:
- Comprehensive coverage of the construction trades, practices, and equipment
- Easy-to-understand, illustrated definitions of building materials and methods
- Updated and expanded coverage of new trends in the industry such as building automation, green building, energy conservation, and more
- Regional terminology and slang expressions
- Extensive reference section with plan symbols, contact listings for professional organizations, conversions and equivalents, and more
- A free CD-ROM is included that lets you browse and search the complete print version of the dictionary, with additional expanded information and graphics
As a desk or field reference, RSMeans Illustrated Construction Dictionary is invaluable for architects, contractors, and facility owners and managers, as well as insurance and real estate professionals, attorneys, and anyone else who needs to understand construction terminology. RSMeans is the leading provider of cost and reference information on facility design, construction, and management in North America.