This working handbook provides invaluable assistance for estimating and planning today's more complex urban and suburban heavy construction rehabilitation projects. Means Heavy Construction Handbook is designed to simplify the task by providing relevant information and advice for the problem at hand... whether it's selecting the right number of haulers for a load and haul job, choosing the right method of compaction, or projecting equipment repair and maintenance costs.
You'll find a tremendous range of expert advice on every aspect of heavy construction work... including guidance for using RSMeans cost data to prepare highly reliable estimates.
Special benefits of this unique Handbook:
- Explains the business aspects of buying vs. leasing, maintaining, and accounting for equipment.
- Includes a major section on site evaluation and hazardous wastes.
- Provides a comprehensive understanding of heavy construction operations and equipment.
- Explains techniques for hazardous waste site assessment and remediation.
- Provides guidance for analyzing and estimating heavy construction on a unit price basis.
- Explains and illustrates the math of heavy construction with formulas and sample calculations – solutions to a variety of productivity and operational problems.
- Provides a substantial Appendix of productivity and other reference data for estimating and project planning.
- Explains successful management and supervision approaches – including guidance for those who oversee the work.