With the 2021 Heavy Construction Costs Book with RSMeans data, you get costs for all types of heavy construction ‚ì from highways, bridges, utilizes, rails and marine projects, to sanitary and storm sewer projects. Unit costs for over 15,000 work items, assembly costs for over 2,000 work items, reference articles, crew tables and equipment rental tables to help you estimate new construction, demolition work, repairs, replacements and change orders.
- Existing Conditions: assessment, surveying, underground tank removal, transportation and disposal of hazardous materials
- Estimating excavation and site prep of the structures foundation, earthwork and grading.
- Operation and Maintenance of Exterior Improvements
- Concrete: Structural, Precast, Cast-In-Place and Specialty. Construction and paving of Curbs, Gutters, Sidewalks, and Driveways
- Facility Septic and Sanitary Sewerage systems
- Utilities, Electrical, Plumbing, HVAC, Metals, and much more.
New for 2021: Updated costs, organized in MasterFormat 2018
Supplemental Information Included: Equipment Rentals, Crews, Historical Cost Indexes, City Cost Indexes, Location Factors, Reference Tables, Change Orders, Project Costs, Square Foot Project Size Modifier, Abbreviations
Level of Cost Detail: Unit Costs, Assemblies
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Gordian is adding new Biohazard Remediation and Infectious Disease Precaution line item costs and modifiers to the 2021 RSMeans data update. The new modifiers allow cost estimators to adjust to the specific precautions for each project. Performing daily temperature checks, donning & doffing PPE, washing hands or disinfecting tools and equipment all impact labor efficiency. These modifiers provide a mechanism for cost estimators to allow for those inefficiencies in their project cost estimates.
Biohazard Remediation line items include the installation of temporary barriers for alternate traffic flow, ensuring social distancing or employee/customer checks and tests.
Infectious Disease Precautions modifiers include adjustments to labor costs that allow the estimator to choose which precautions are required.
For more information on the COVID-19 modifiers in the 2021 RSMeans data release, visit our FAQ.