Included with Seminar
A class workbook and two great books from RSMeans; Repair & Remodeling Cost Data and The Estimating Handbook!
Accurate repair and remodeling estimating involves a lot more than simply pricing a quantity take-off. It requires a real understanding of how a project will actually be built. This two-day class is practical training that addresses the vital importance of understanding the SCOPE of projects to arrive at accurate cost estimating. The single most important credential that the estimator takes to the job is experience.
The “big picture” estimating process, including an overview on quantity take-off & project pricing will be followed by a focus on the front-end process. In two informative days that combine classroom discussion with hands-on skill building and real-life estimating practice, you’ll learn how to identify and quantify the unique requirements of each repair and remodeling construction project - from restrictions on stockpiling materials to matching existing construction. . .sequencing to working around ongoing operations. And you’ll understand how by making Scope of Work integral to the estimating process, you can boost the accuracy of every estimate you prepare.
The role of RSMeans data is valuable in the construction estimating process but the accuracy of the aggregate project cost is only as good as the Scope of Work to which they are applied. Good cost data is irrelevant, if the estimator is lacking an accurate scope of work for a project. The successful estimator is one who has taken the opportunity to learn as much about the building process as possible.
Who should attend?
Taught by the estimating and engineering experts of RSMeans, Assessing Scope of Work for Facilities Construction is appropriate for anyone responsible for designing, budgeting or bidding for facilities repair & remodeling and maintenance projects. It’s particularly suited to:
- Contractors and Subcontractors
- Corporate and Government estimators
- Facility Managers and Planners
- Owner’s representatives
- And anyone tasked with Assessing Scope of Work at any stage of the design and construction process.
Here’s just a sample of what you’ll learn. . .
- Project estimating: an overview
- The bottom line: How an accurate, complete Scope of Work helps estimating and construction
- Project stages and Scope of Work
- Assessing Scope of Work: What to look for, what to ask, what you can’t afford to miss
- The written Scope of Work: Clarity and concision are key. These pointers can help you achieve both
- MasterFormat: How it works. . .how it helps you organize your estimate, avoid costly oversights and errors
- Scope of Work by division. From site work to HVAC to furnishings, there are special Scope of Work considerations for each
- Estimating Scope of Work - and how to do faster and better
- Your cost data - key to success: How to save time and boost accuracy with RSMeans Repair & Remodeling Cost Data. How to get maximum value from this incomparable cost resource, how to customize and adapt RSMeans’ costs, and more.
- Special challenges - including dust protection, working in confined areas, weather, site access, structural tie-ins, time of year. . .and the high cost of TIME!
- And more!
This course qualifies for AIA and AACE continuing education credits!
|The Gordian Group (TGG) reserves all rights to refuse or deny any individual's attendance at, or participation in, its seminars for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation as a result of the individual's affiliation or suspected affiliation with any competitor of TGG. If TGG determines that an individual should not attend or participate in a seminar after such individual has paid to attend or participate in the seminar, the individual's payment will be refunded.